The inevitable Valentine’s Day movie choices…
Don’t worry, I watched them all so you don’t have to. Your welcome.
1. THIS MEANS WAR (*02/17/12)
- Once inseparable pals and partners, two CIA agents turn their deadly skills and an array of high-tech gadgetry against one another after both fall for the same woman.
- Cast: Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, Chelsea Handler
[*Select cities early release 02/14/12]
2. THE VOW (02/10/12)
- A newlywed couple recovers from a car accident that puts the wife in a coma. Waking up with severe memory loss, her husband endeavors to win her heart again.
- Cast: Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum
3. MY WEEK WITH MARYLIAN (11/23/11)
- In 1956 England, Colin Clark lands a job as a production assistant on the set of “The Prince and the Showgirl,” starring Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn is also honeymooning with her new husband, playwright Arthur Miller, but the combined pressure of work and the demands of the Hollywood hangers-on is driving her to exhaustion. When Miller departs for Paris, Colin seizes the opportunity, to give Marilyn respite during a week in the idyllic British countryside.
- Cast: Michelle Williams
4. THE LADY IN BLACK 02/03/12
Arthur Kipps, recently widowed and still grieving the loss of his wife, is sent to a remote village to put a deceased eccentric’s affairs in order. But soon after his arrival, it becomes clear that the villagers are hiding a deadly secret. Kipps discovers that his late client’s house is haunted by the spirit of a woman who is trying to find someone and something she lost, and that no one — not even the children — is safe from her terrible wrath.
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe
ONE FOR THE MONEY (01/27/12)
- A proud, born-and-bred Jersey girl, Stephanie Plum’s got plenty of attitude, even if she’s been out of work for the last six months and just lost her car to a debt collector. Desperate for some fast cash, Stephanie turns to her last resort: convincing her sleazy cousin to give her a job at his bail bonding company…as a recovery agent.True, she doesn’t even own a pair of handcuffs and her weapon of choice is pepper spray, but that doesn’t stop Stephanie from taking on Vinny’s biggest bail-jumper: former vice cop and murder suspect Joe Morelli – yup, the same sexy, irresistible Joe Morelli who seduced and dumped her back in high school.
Nabbing Morelli would be satisfying payback – and a hefty payday – but as Stephanie learns the ins and outs of becoming a recovery agent from Ranger, a hunky colleague who’s the best in the business, she also realizes the case against Morelli isn’t airtight. Suddenly Stephanie’s new job isn’t nearly as easy as she thought.
BONUS RENTAL CHOICE:
Staying in? Check out “Valentine’s Day” (2010) on Blue-Ray
More than a dozen Angelenos navigate Valentine’s Day from early morning until midnight. Three couples awake together, but each relationship will sputter; are any worth saving? A grade-school boy wants flowers for his first true love; two high school seniors plan first-time sex at noon; a TV sports reporter gets the assignment to find romance in LA; a star quarterback contemplates his future; two strangers meet on a plane; grandparents, together for years, face a crisis; and, an “I Hate Valentine’s Day” dinner beckons the lonely and the lied to. Can Cupid finish his work by midnight?
Cast: Julia Roberts, Jamie Foxx, Bradley Cooper, Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, and Anne Hathaway